Re: [orca-list] Orca is silent after updating Gnome-Speech

am Fr 04. Apr 2008 um 18:05:28 schrieb Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>:
Hi Hermann:

Two quick things to check (in addition to stuff you can find under the
"Troubleshooting" section of http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech):

1) Does 'espeak' work?  If not, eSpeak is broken.

2) Does test-speech work?  If not, the gnome-speech driver for eSpeak
isn't working and we'll need to figure out what went wrong with the
build/install (i.e., did you use --prefix=/usr).

Everything is different: Orca speaks with Gnome-speech and Espeak, provided you stop SD. Since SD uses Alsa,
this blocks
the OSS output.
Furthermore I had to realize, that in /usr/lib/bonobo/server the Gnome-speech file for Espeak has been set
bakc to use
with OSS only.
So I redid the instruction of the Wiki to make it work with alsa-oss. But unfortunately this seems no longer
possible.
Orca continues speaking, but neither SD, nor any media player is working along with Orca. I use SD together
with the
latest brltty and I would like to use media players without Orca stopping to speak. So what's wrong now? The
line in the
GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Espeak.server file reads as follows:
type="exe" location="/usr/bin/aoss /usr/bin/espeak-synthesis-driver"
Hermann