[orca-list] Orca is silent after updating Gnome-Speech

Hi,
I updated my Gnome-Speech package to 0.4.18. The installation went well, but Orca is silent afte that.
I guess it has to do with Espeak, since SD as output module works after update. Choosing Gnome-Espeak-Driver
as output
mutes the speech.
When I remove my user-settings.* files, the speech is back, so something must be wrong there; I cannot find
anything.
I don't want to completely set up my user settings, so what to do?
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)