Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

I think this is a missunderstanding: It's not the Orca team's decission which speech system to use for Gnome.
You should
discuss this with the Gnome developing team.
And before stopping the SD project you should think twice: SD can be used in so many ways and on so many
distris, that I
would not worry too much about whether the Gnome team decides to use it as standard speech system or not.
It can be used with Speakup, brltty, SBL, Yasr, Emacs etc. etc. so this few thoughts show how useful it is.
Regarding punctuation, "capital" announcement and pronunciation, I think it is the task of the screen reader,
not the
speech server, no matter of which one we talking about. It can be handled by the synth as well, but there are
too many
approaches regarding the different synths that are written for very different purposes.
If I can change Espeaks behavior in a easier way than it is actually, I would be happy with that solution too.
Hermann