Re: [orca-list] Moving to top/bottom of document in Firefox 3 beta 4

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:00:00AM +0200, Hermann wrote:

But it should make no difference. I experience the very same, and I don't
have a natural home/end key on my laptop. I use an external keypad, and if I
try to simulate home/end key by using the FN key, I get the same result:
Navigation either fails or it moves me not to top/bottom of the page, but
anywhere in the middle.  So are there known issues with Orca and external
keypads and/or laptop keyboards?

All I know is that as far as Orca key events are concerned - and this probably
originates in the keyboard handling code of the X window system - the numeric
keypad keys are distinct from the cursor keys and the home/end/page up/page
down keys found on a full-sized 104-key keyboard.

Thus, which key events are received by Orca would depend on which keyboard
scan codes are produced when you simulate the home and end keys by means of
the separate keypad or the function keys of the laptop.