Re: [orca-list] No speech with Ubuntu Gutsy beta 7.10

I think that's something to do with portaudio. It does the same when upgrading from feisty. I'm hopeing they'll switch to speech-dispatcher or something else for the final release.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ernst-Dieter Wedekind" <edwedekind t-online de>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:11 PM
Subject: [orca-list] No speech with Ubuntu Gutsy beta 7.10

Hi all,
I tried the live cd of Ubuntu Gutsy beta 7.10 just yesterday. After the
usual start speech came up for a few seconds and then it suddenly stopped.
PPressing alt-f2 and then orca yielded the same result. Anyone have any
ideas? I'm experiencing these results since gutsy was released and hope this
bug will be fixed when the final release is out.
Regards
Ernst