Re: [orca-list] root security

Hi Cody:

When Orca knows you are in a password field in a GUI, it does the right thing. Unfortunately, gnome-terminal is a whole different beast. As such, I'm not sure Orca can reliably detect if the terminal is in 'password entry' mode or not. :-(

We might be able to hack around this, but I think the unfortunate workaround for now is to disable key echo.

Will

Cody wrote:
Hi all,
  I notice that when doing a sudo su and it asks for your password, orca
says the characters as you type them even though nothing is printed on
the screen. This is a security hole and can it be fixed?
Thanks