[orca-list] Potential conflict between Orca and emacspeak with hardware synth

Hi,

If I have Orca running and then start emacspeak (using a DECTalk Express as my synth), everything works well in emacspeak until I try to change to another application.  The instant I try to move to a gnome app, the system hangs and I have to kill all processes associated with emacspeak in order to get my system working again.  (Of course, I can also just reset the X-server and log in again.)  On the other hand, if I start emacspeak, and then try to start Orca, the system hangs and I have to kill either emacspeak or Orca.

Does Orca probe the serial ports, even though my Orca configuration does not include anything using the serial port?

I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy, gnome 2.20.0, and Orca from svn, branch 2.20, rev 3162 (today).  Emacspeak is version 24 (distributed with Gutsy), using the DECTalk Express  attached to my only serial port.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks,

dave