Re: [orca-list] Brltty on widescreen

Have you tried the intel frame buffer drivers? These are i810fb and
intelfb, and it depends on which model of card you have to which you
use. If you have kernel source installed, there is some brief
information in the files /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/intelfb.txt
and /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/intel810.txt (assuming kernel source
is located in /usr/src/linux (even if that path is a link to the real
place)). These specific drivers will allow you to change more advanced
settings.

I am not sure why you are getting the problems you describe with brltty,
my laptop has a intel card and brltty works in any resolution, even
using the vesafb driver (I have never had problems with it on my desktop
using a nvidia card, or my previous laptop which used a ati radeon
card).

From
Michael Whapples