[orca-list] Hello from Brazil

Hello all,

I'm Angelo, writing from Brazil.

Sorry my english comunication. Português seria melhor. (better into portuguese!)

I'm startting using Linux a feel weeks. I'm  blind, so I'm using orca to work.

I started to program in php under Windows and now I'm changing the system to work only under Linux.

But I have some problems to solve. Certainly someone just have a good solution there.

I'v installed gnome-orca 2.20 and it comes wich a accent dictionary mannager. I put there some entires and save it. But it did'nt takes any effect.

How to aply the accent manager?

An other problem is under firefox, that some parts of some pages disapears for orca. I know that it apears on screen, but that bloks are aways jumped by the orca.

If more info can helps, I'm using the following configuration:
gnome-orca 2.20
firefox3
ubuntu 7.4 i386
Sony Vaio  wich Intel core duo 2ghz
512 RAM

I've installed the IBM Via Voice and it's running as well. But It was sent only for i386 system compilations. Than I choose Ubuntu i386 and not a 64bit compilation of it.

Angelo Beck