Re: [orca-list] Newbie Questions: Where can I get just the latest firefox orca scripts

OK, thanx much.
-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Haeger" <scott bashautomation com>
To: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Newbie Questions: Where can I get just the latest firefox orca scripts

Rich Caloggero wrote:
Can I only get these when I download orca trunk, or is there another way to get them?
The Firefox scripts are part of the Orca release. Currently, most everything that is Firefox specific is in Gecko.py which is installed by default to /usr/local/lib/python2.x/site-packages/orca
A related question: does orca-trunk change if scripts change? If so, will the version number (orca --version) change?
No, orca-trunk is the bleeding edge. It is where current development is stored so it changes quite often. Orca versions only change periodically, generally about every two weeks.
Can I get any of this stuff via apt-get (I think there is a way to get sources with apt-get); can I put the orca cvs or orca distribution site into the /etc/apt/sources.list to get via apt-get?

Orca is written in Python so just look at where Orca is installed and you have the source :) I don't believe it is necessary to add a distribution site. You can also use subversion to check out the latest version. Use this to checkout "svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk orca" and this to build "./autogen.sh", "make", "make install".