[orca-list] Question about Magnifier Zoomer settings

I pose this only as a question and not a criticism, as I wish to learn
the reasoning behind the development of key pieces of Orca.

When I first used Orca with the magnifier, it took up the full right
half of my screen.  Personally, I prefer the magnifier to be across the
top of my screen.  After some poking around, I found the zoomer settings
under the magnifier tab.  It took some trial and error as I tried to
figure out what the numeric values meant for top bottom left right.  My
settings are now

top 1
bottom 201
left 100
right 1014

Has there been any discussion about making this easier for the end-user?
I was thinking that there are two ways to make it easier:

One would be to be able to grab and re-size the magnifier window just
like you would any other window on your desktop.

The other way would be to change the zoomer setting options to a more
user-friendly set of options.  Like zoomer position = top half, bottom
half, left half or right half.

Also, out of curiosity, what is the underlying magnifier program?  Is it
gnome-mag?
--
---Bryen---