Re: [orca-list] systemrequirements for orca?

I think this is a great idea, especially because several of us have
reported suboptimal behavior on boxes with specs greatly superior to
other boxes where we've experienced good performance.

What's the chance we could get a script together that could perhaps
upload a dmesg, or something similar, in order to systematize the
reporting?

Janina

Willie Walker writes:
Hi All:

I wonder if we should try to keep a page of "System configurations known
to work with Orca" on our WIKI.  On this page, people could add their
experiences with:

* Hardware -- CPU (make, speed), RAM (amount), Audio Card (make,
driver), etc.

* Operating system distribution and version

* TTS Engine

* Orca version

* Extra configuration notes

Would people on this list be willing to contribute to the page?

Will

Halim Sahin wrote:
Hi,

What are the recommendations to run orca in an usable speed
(CPU, RAM)?

Thanks
Halim