Re: [orca-list] eSpeak, Speech-dispatcher, Orca and voice variations in Gutsy
- From: Tomas Cerha <cerha brailcom org>
- To: Lorenzo Taylor <daxlinux gmail com>
- Cc: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] eSpeak, Speech-dispatcher, Orca and voice variations in Gutsy
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:36:19 +0100
Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
I decided to try running speech-dispatcher in Orca. I am running the
speech-dispatcher that ships with Ubuntu Gutsy. I have tried changing
the default voice type in speechd.conf to FEMALE1, but both Orca and
spd-say still speak with the male voice.
Hi Lorenzo, the prefered method to change voice in Orca with SD is
through Orca preferences. I believe Gutsy should include the versions
of SD and Orca which support it. Let me know if it does not work.
As Lukas wrote, there probably is a problem with setting the espeak
default voice, but this should not be a problem for Orca users, since
Orca sets voices directly by name.
Best regards, Tomas
] [Thread Prev