[orca-list] OT: Are there differences between Gutsy live CD an the alternate installation CD?

Hi all,
I installed Gutsy with the alternate install CD. My network device - Realtech in an Acer notebook - isn't recognized by the system, so I have to use an external USB card, which is recognized without problems. When I use Gutsy's live CD, the internal network device gets recognized immediately. After a lot of checking, I come to the conclusion that there must be differences in both packages. Can anyone tell me whether this is true or not? And if it's true, what can I do to fix this?
Hermann