From: "Ian Pascoe" <softy lofty ilp btinternet com>
To: <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Want your opinion on the removalof"Close" buttonson
some dialog windows

Will et al

My suggestion would be to remove the Close button, but instead where data
within the dialogue hierarchy has changed, then an Apply button becomes
accessable.  Once the Apply button has been pressed, it disappears.  If the
dialogue is attempted to be closed before using this button, a Are You Sure
type box should appear.

However, this entire concept appears to go against what I would term as
being the norm, certainly looking at someone coming from, or who still uses
a Windows environment where a button to close the dialogue, be it Close, OK,
Cancel or whatever, generally exists.

Ian