Re: [orca-list] Want your opinion on the removal of "Close" buttons on some dialog windows

-----Mensaje original-----
De: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] En
nombre de Willie Walker
Enviado el: martes, 06 de noviembre de 2007 17:19
Para: orca-list gnome org
Asunto: [orca-list] Want your opinion on the removal of "Close" buttons on
some dialog windows

Hi All:

Hello

Members of the GNOME team are considering removing the "Close" buttons on
many dialogs in GNOME.  For example, almost all of the GNOME Preferences
windows -- Appearance Preferences, Keyboard Preferences, AT Preferences,
etc. -- have this "Close" button.

I think this button is necesary for newbyes people and psycohandicap people
(I don't know how can I say this). The people who has problems to think and
to know like normal people.

This button lets exit from a window or a dialog and many people doesn't know
how can they close a window in gnome.

If gnome wants more usability and accessibility level, they hve to use close
button. Usability isn't the main thing. Accessibility is important too.

Regards
     Jonathan Chacón Barbero
     Desarrollador y consultor de accesibilidad y usabilidad

Fundosa Technosite

Avda. Leonardo da Vinci, 13. 3º.

C.P. 41092 Sevilla (Spain)

     Tfno: +34 95-446-72-12