Re: [orca-list] Permission problem????

Hey Mike:

You were correct.  I appreciate the help.

Terry
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:59:54 -0700you write:
Hello Terry
Here is a ttipocal login procedure I would normally follow:

bring the system to run-level 5 "telinit 5"
when I hear the soft beep, Login as my self.
wait until I hear the disk activity slow down.
Do an control-alt-f1 to get a text console.
Login again as my self.
issue an orca command.
I think if you try running orca from within the gnome desktop you won't
have this problem.  I've seen the problem you are having when attempting
to start orca from a virtual terminal.  Give the following a try and see
how it works.
After logging into the gnome desktop don't switch to a virtual console.
Instead simply press CTRL+f2 to bring up the run dialog and type orca
folowed by enter.  I think this will give you the behavior you are
expecting.
Hope this helps.
Mike