Re: [orca-list] Status of SVN trunk

Hi Michael:

I just tried Evolution on my Solaris Express Community Edition b76 machine with Orca and at-spi from SVN trunk. It seems to work as expected, and the performance is not horrible. Sluggish, yes, but not on the order of seconds. So...maybe you might need to upgrade your pyatspi install. It contains a lot of needed fixes.

Building/installing at-spi from SVN can get a little tricky since you need to also specify the --libexecdir option to autogen.sh or configure. On Ubuntu, I believe you need to use the following:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi

Note that on Solaris, it's different:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib

If you don't have either Ubuntu or Solaris, the setting of your libexecdir should be the directory that holds your system's at-spi-registryd executable.

If this works for you, please let us know and we will update our WIKI to contain the new information needed to build/install Orca from SVN trunk.

Thanks!

Will

Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
What is the current state of SVN trunk for orca? I think Will said that
the main part of the migration should be done by Monday (which has
gone), and I am noticing some issues still (possibly performance
related, but if they are then the performance is very slow as I normally
have decided it isn't working before anything is said (waiting for a
good 10 seconds or more)). As an example, I have multiple accounts in
evolution, and I get no output when navigating through the mail folder
tree.

From
Michael Whapples