Re: [orca-list] Dragging and dropping with orca

Hi,

Gerd Kohlberger (CCed) is working on some mouse enhancements as a summer of code project, which will include simulating clicks and click+hold. If we can get Orca to send some commands to the mouse application then drag and drop should be possible IMO. You would navigate to the icon you wanted on the desktop or in Nautilus, issue a command to 'grab' it and then change to another window and issue the release command. Spec: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/MouseTweaks

How will this differ from cutting (Ctrl+X) and pasting (Ctrl+V) though? What could you do with drag and drop that you cannot do with cut and paste?

Henrik

Rafael Bejarano wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone on this list tell me if there is a way to use Orca to emulate the drag-and-drop mouse function? I currently use VoiceOver with Tiger (the screen reader provided with Mac OS 10), which does not allow blind computer users to drag and drop. This is a serious inconvenience that I am hoping I can circumvent by using Orca and Ubunto.

Cordially,
Rafael Bejarano