[orca-list] improvement in sd but still does not come up at system start.

hello tomas, herman and all other friends who helped me get sd wroking
and patiently answered all my queries.
now I am pritty comfortable with adjusting a few parameters with
speech-dispatcher.
but I still can't get it started on system start.
I have to go through long manual steps like creating a directory
called /var/run/speech-dispatcher, then chmod 777 for that directory
and then finally sudo /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher restart
I have tried all possible things but still the same errors.
by the way can I have a different voice setting for keyboard and
default when using speech-dispatcher?
for example I want orca to say all punctuations when I type but only a
few when I am reading.
so for keyboard voice say all should be sent in the conf file and for
reading same parameter must be set to a few ones like - . ; etc.
please tell me if that is possible.
regards,
krishnakant.