Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher works but needs manual start every time for orca.

krishnakant Mane wrote:
I now have to first manually create the directory in /var/run and then
chmod it for read write and execute permissions.
then when I do the /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher start, it works fine.
the next time I re boot the machine the directory is gone and I have
to do the same things again, modus operandy.

Hello, this is really strange that a directory disappears after reboot.
 How is your /var mounted?

Anyway, a dirty hack for your problem might be creating the directory in
the speech-dispatcher's startup script.  I'd suggest chowning it to the
speech-dispatcher user and starting SD with this user instead of running
it as root.

Best regards

Tomas