Re: [orca-list] some more issues with orca and speech-dispatcher.

krishnakant Mane wrote:
sudo apt-get install speatch-dispatcher and then
sudo apt-get install python-speetchd.
then I ran orca's setup again.
but still not getting speetch-dispatcher as my server choice, just
emacspeak and gnome speech system.

Hello,

Are you sure  you have the right SD version (0.6.2)?

any ways my other question is if things go wrong can I still easily
switch back to gnome-speech?

You should.  If something goes very wrong and you are not able to run
the Orca preferences, you can always hand-edit your
~/.orca/user-settings.py and change "speechdispatcherfactory" to
"gnomespeechfactory" in the option orca.settings.speechServerFactory.

secondly to avoide my stuttering problem I am planning to shift to
python 2.4 as suggested by some one.

why don't you just give it a try?

Best regards, Tomas.