Re: [orca-list] nobody with my refresh problem in flat reviewmode?

Hi Halim:

I've been playing with this today, and yes, flat review does not detect
changes once you are in flat review.  The current operating mode of flat
review is to take a snapshot of the text in the active window, analyze
the text, and let you explore the snapshot.  To get a new snapshot, you
need to exit and re-enter flat review mode.  I understand this can be
clunky and time consuming, but the current design of flat review was not
intended to support the use model people are adamantly demanding right
now.

As is obvious from the e-mail traffic, we're discovering it a portion of
the user population is expecting far more out of flat review and also
seem to be using it as their primary operating mode.  I'd like to get to
the bottom of "why".  Is it primarily to get access to non-focusable
things like progress bars?  Is it because some users are just looking
for Orca to be "OpenJAWS"?  Are there other models to help users
accomplish the same tasks more efficiently?  These might be questions to
discuss not in e-mail, but perhaps in an upcoming #orca chat.

Will