Re: [orca-list] Orca team is at CSUN this week

Hey All:

CSUN went well this year and the response to Orca seemed very positive to me. Thanks everyone on this list for being part of the community -- your comments and suggestions have definitely helped make the difference.

It was also great to meet members of this list in person to do some in-depth discussions of Orca together behind the machine. We have come back with general themes that emerged from our discussions and will be prioritizing our tasks as a result. Great stuff.

We're all digging ourselves out from under the e-mail that accumulated while we were giving presentations and talking face-to-face with users. I also plan on taking at least two days off to recover/recharge. As a result, we still might be a little sluggish in our responses this week, but we'll still try to be there for you.

Thanks everyone!

Will

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi All:

Just want to drop everyone a line saying that the Orca team will be at CSUN this week: http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/.

As a result, we may not be as responsive as normal this week, and we will probably be exhausted next week. If you are going to CSUN, there are four talks on Orca:

Blind/Low Vision BLV-2149
Opening Doors with Open Source: Screen Reader Access to Linux/UNIX
Joanmarie Diggs and Mike Pedersen
Marriott - Boston
Thursday: 3:05-4:05PM

Blind/Low Vision BLV-2192
Collaboration and Web Access using the Orca Screen Reader
Mike Pedersen and Willie Walker
Marriott - Atlanta
Thursday: 4:25-5:25PM

Blind/Low Vision BLV-2135
Obtaining and Installing Ubuntu Linux Using the Orca Screen Reader
Joanmarie Diggs and Mike Pedersen
Marriott - Atlanta
Friday: 1:45-2:45PM

Blind/Low Vision BLV-2168
OpenOffice Document Access Using the Orca Screen Reader
Mike Pedersen and Willie Walker
Marriott - Boston
Saturday: 10:40-11:40AM

For those who might be going to CSUN, here's a link to the schedule for the sessions:

http://www.letsgoexpo.com/expo/index.cfm?EID=80000065&p=3&page=schedule&ECTID=0

Thanks everyone!

Will