Re: [orca-list] GMSGFMT mystery solved

John Heim wrote:
PPS: I've been taking notes on what I've been doing to get orca working on my debian testing system. I have to get it working on debian testing because that is what we have in my department at the University of Wisconsin. Here are my notes (they are very brief).

Would something like the following (as suggested by the Orca wiki)
have worked instead?

sudo apt-get remove gnome-orca
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get install subversion gnome-common

===
orca---
wget http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/orca/2.18/orca-2.18.0.tar.gz
       tar -zxf orca-2.18.0.tar.gz

apt-get install gcc libexpat1-dev
perl -MCPAN -e "install XML::Parser"
apt-get install pkg-config libglib2.0-dev python-dev python-pyorbit-dev
apt-get install python-at-spi gettext