Re: Orca My experiences with FireFox 3.0 and

Hi their. Can someone sum up the experiences using the current Firefox 3.0 with the latest Orca checked out of SVN? If I would have some input though, I would recomend something similar to a virtual buffer. i.e. the page content is rendered. I do know for a fact that Firefox exposes enough of the DOM tree to make this possible. Is something for Orca being planned? Reason why I ask is that if its not, we should try and come up with the best way to navigate page content. Failure to do this may present problems in the long run. So what are your thoughs and concerns? Would be interested to know.
--Erik

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, hermann wrote:

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:04:15 +0100
From: hermann <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de>
To: Lorenzo Taylor <lorenzo taylor homelinux net>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Orca My experiences with FireFox 3.0 and

Hello Lorenzo,
regarding the radio buttons: It is as you discribed, you have to use the
flat review. But I found another way, which is also not very
comfortable, but does its job: You can click on the selected button, and
you will open the whole range of radio buttons; place the cursor on the
button you want to select, and then press space bar. I did so on the
German Google page, where you can select whether you want the results of
the search presented from whole web, those in German or only sites from
Germany. The radio buttons are placed horizontally.
Navigation with the cursor: It works only in a reliable way, if you are
in an area of the same elements, either a text block or a navigation bar
containing a variety of links etc. You should realise that a lot of
websites are multicolumned, and it does not make much sense, if you get
it read to you across all columns; for example think of newspaper
homepages. That's also the reason, why copying them to Gedit isn't
always a good idea.
I still prefere a kind of reading mode, either in a buffer or as another
solution, where the page is presented in a text only style.
Regards
Hermann