Orca Ok, stupid newbie question time, was Re: Settings dialog is partially unreadable

Hi,
The jargon of Linux can be very confusing at times. what does "trunk",
"head" and "branch" mean in programming and svn/cvs terms? What versions
are the newest and which are the safest? If i should check out a version
from 2.18, do i down- or upgrade my version of Orca?
/Krister

Rich Burridge wrote:
Hi Hermann,

what happened to the Orca preferences dialog?
The tab Speech is partially unreadable. All synthesizer settings can't be
adjusted. Orca doesn't show them, neither braille nor speech. You can see
them in flat review, but clicking on them doesn't bring them up, so no
changes can be made. Something went wrong I guess.
A similar problem exists in the key bindings tab. The first point, the Orca
key, is not reachable.
I think a fix is needed urgently.
I use the latest Orca, about an hour ago.

If you are checking out of Orca SVN trunk/HEAD, you could have been
caught in the
middle of the large refactor I've just done. Hopefully it's complete
now, but things are
going to be in a state of flux in HEAD for a few more days as we checkin
all the various
changes we've been waiting to do (but couldn't because of the various
freezes leading
up to GNOME 2.18).

It's probably safest to check out of the GNOME 2.18 branch (unless you
like living on the
bleeding edge 8-) ).

% svn co svn+ssh://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/branches/gnome-2-18