Re: [orca-list] how to customize orca for other languages

Hello Vigneswari,
I don't know how to set up Hindi for Festival, since it doesn't come
with the standard package.
What does come with Festival via apt-get is Telugu, which is referred as
an Indian language, but I don't know whether you can use this.
Did you install Ubuntu 7.04? If so, there should be Espeak installed,
and you can choose Hindi as a synth voice from the speech tab in Orca's
settings.
Note: This only changes the synth language not the language of Orca's
interface. I don't know whether there is a Hindi interface of Orca, nore
do I know if a Hindi version of Ubuntu exists.
Hermann