Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.2

"GS" == Guy Schlosser <guyster bex net> writes:

    GS> Hey hey!! Progress rocks!!! I got speech-dispatcher running if I
    GS> invoke it from the command line with sudo speech-dispatcher. My
    GS> log is being sent to stdout, but I'm sure the next time I run
    GS> it, it'll be logged to a file. I'm assuming it's just because I
    GS> haven't had speechd.log. Now for the million dollar question.
    GS> What is the easiest way to get speech-dispatcher to start as a
    GS> service when I boot. Can you give me an example of proper rc.d
    GS> syntax to do this? Do I then have to run some kind of update?
Hello,

if you use ubuntu or debian you can start SD with
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher script which is in debian package. So you
can simply install source of debian package and copy the file to
/etc/init.d/ and then run:

update-rc.d -f speech-dispatcher defaults

NOTE, I don't use Ubuntu so maybe are there some differences.

Best

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008