Re: [orca-list] pinpointed problem with orca being unresponsive

It may not even be Orca that's having the problem. For instance I have
exactly this same problem with Speakup driving a Doubletalk LT over the
serial port.

What speech are you reporting this against?

Jon writes:
I can confirm that gnome-terminal behaves as described below, on my
machines.

While small/medium amounts of data is output to the terminal it is still
possible to get Orca to quieten down.
It seems once it reaches over a certain amount, (or refreshed/outputted
rappidly), Orca fails to fall scilant.
I have seen this occur when dist-update for example, or encoding with
lame/mencoder/oggenc.

If i regularly press control to scilance it will empty the buffer and
read more recent data, wheras if it is left for a longer period to read,
pressing control will not make Orca catch up.

-Jon