[orca-list] pinpointed problem with orca being unresponsive

I believe I have pinpointed the place where the unresponsiveness/slow down of orca occurs.  It seems to happen after I go into the terminal window.  When I go into terminal, orca works good for a bit but then it will start reading for example, and when I press control to silence speach it does not respond.  Also, it fails to read when I read by character in the window.  It continues this behavior if I leave terminal open and go to another application.  However, if I exit out of terminal and press the key to bring up the orca preferences, orca starts behaving normally.  I'm using orca2.19.5 although this behavior has happened since I installed ubuntu.  I can verify that this is not because of ubuntu running in the vm session, as it happened on a friend of mine's computer and he has ubuntu dool booting.  Just was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can recommend a fix?
 Mike