Re: [orca-list] Incredibly frustrated!

What does the iwconfig command say? You run that command in the terminal
or at the console.

Willie Walker writes:
Hi Chris:

quite obviously.  OK, well, if I plug an ethernet cable in to my laptop, I
can get online perfectly, but, I have looked in the top and the bottom
pannels and do not see Network Manager there at all.  I went into
applications/add remove, and network manager deffinently is checked.  So, it
is apparently installed.  I however can't find it in my pannel anywhere.  I
have looked and looked.  It just simply put, isn't there.

It's there, but it's impossible to get to through normal keyboard
navigation.  :-(  This is a major bummer.  We're all frustrated by it
and are putting pressure on the gnome-panel maintainers to remedy the
situation.  Keep an eye on for activity on this

In the meantime, you might be able to set up wireless the 'old way',
which involves editing files by hand and running various command line
utilities.  It's a thought I shudder at.  :-(

Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca

Janina Sajka,   Phone:  +1.202.595.7777;        sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC      http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation