[orca-list] Resp.: Incredibly frustrated!

Let me make a suggestion.
If you're in trouble using the gui to do a given task on linux then
search the web to do it via console. As everything else in linux you
will need to know something about your hardware, edit some files and
you are ready to go. You need to configure wireless on ubuntu ... so
ask in the phoruns something like this: "Hello folks, I need to
configure my wireless on ubuntu, but I can not use the gui tools as I
am blind and the screen reader seen to not read the applets correctly.
How could I do it through console?". I am sure someone will help you
quickly. Also try searching the web with your machine model plus
wireless plus ubuntu and see what you get. The only reazon I don't
tell you how to do this is that I don't know, I am a slackware user
and I do use slackware mainly because everything you need to do you
quickly can do via the best friend of any linux user, the pico editor
and the console. As for paying for quick support I don't see any
problem, as the comunity is free to do whatever they want ... if you
ask for urgent help it is likely that you won't be helped because
people have many things to do and they will help you when they have
time or when they ahve researched the topic if you did not do it. If
you pay then one can re setup their priorities and help you faster,
but this is a private question and has not anything to do with free or
open source software philosophy.
Restricting freedom or asking money for a peace of software that can
help many people around the planet is one thing, supporting it for
free and fast is another prety different thing. In fact many distros
distribute the linux for free (they can not ask money for it) but have
paid support plans and this is not wrong anyway.
Marlon