Re: [orca-list] sudo password is the password of the current user?

The password you need to enter is the one you logged in with when ubuntu
starts up.

yes, the root account is generally disabled, sudo allows you to act as a
root whilest the process you requested runs.

using the sudo method is said to be safer than a direct root account,
because it is harder to modify a working system unintentially.

Only users in the sudo group can successfully run the sudo command.

Hope this helps.

-Jon