Re: Orca Submenus in Firefox 3

Hi Hermann:

First, my apologies to all if my e-mail seems to be formatted rather inconsistently from message to message. I'm constantly switching between Evolution and Thunderbird these days.

For the debug.out stuff, the best thing to do is to try to isolate a single run of Orca so that it focuses solely on the problem. For example, in this case, make sure the only thing you do after you run Orca is try to reproduce the problem. As soon as you do, quit Orca and save the debug.out file. This might be easier said than done, but it does help keep the size of the debug.out file small. If you still end up with a very large file, you can bzip or gzip it. The resulting file might be small enough to add as an attachment.

For the gnome-speech stuff, there's a section that Al Puzzuoli wrote up (THANKS AL!) on the Orca WIKI for how to build/install new drivers for gnome-speech: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/InstallingSynths.

Hope this helps,

Will

Hermann wrote:
Hi again,
Espeak is driving me crazy! Now everything works. I've reported it to Bugzilla. Really no hoax. Festival is running with the Gnome speech server. A few weeks ago I tried to get it run with Speech-dispatcher, with no success. It requires the Festival server which doesn't start; couldn't figure out why.
To Will: I cannot submit the attachment, it's to large; what to do?
Are there any instructions to set up Orca wiht the latest Gnome speech server?
Regards
Hermann