Orca Access bridge for Java undr Linux?

Hi,
in order to fix some problems with the latest Firevox, I've to install
the Free-TTS speech, which needs the Java runtime environment.
I installed JRE, but can't acces the installer for Free-TTS. A dialog
opens, and Orca reports "inaccessible". It's not possible to run the
installer in text mode.
When I enter:
java -jar freetts.jar
I get the message that there's no graphical display.
For Windows there's a tool named Access Bridge, which is necessary to
make JRE accessible for screen readers.
Is there such a tool for Linux? If not, how cann I manage to install the
Free-TTS?
Regards
Hermann