Re: Orca disabling orca scripts with firefox in order to use firevox?

Hi Aruni,

I would like to know whether it would be possible to disable the orca scripts for firefox maybe temporarily so that the orca tts server can be used and firevox can function without interference.

Big disclaimer:

I haven't tried this but...

In theory, you should be able to turn off speech just for Firefox via an
application specific setting.

Create a file called "Mozilla.py" under your ~/.orca/app-settings
directory, and put the following two lines in it:

import orca.settings
orca.settings.enableSpeech = False

Like I said, I haven't tried this. I don't have Firevox installed on any
of my systems.

Please let us know if this works or not. If it does, then we can add it
to the Orca Wiki.