Orca disabling orca scripts with firefox in order to use firevox?

Hello list I have tried firevox plugin both in windows and linux. The plugin is pretty good and I have been able to surf the web quite easily. However, I have noticed that the orca scripts are also speaking contents in the firefox window thereby interfering with firevox. This happens as I am using orca linux local server TTS as output for firevox. I would like to know whether it would be possible to disable the orca scripts for firefox maybe temporarily so that the orca tts server can be used and firevox can function without interference.
Thanks and regards,
Aruni.