Re: Orca Accessibility with System Admin Tools

Hello,

  Actually there is an even easier way I have found. I stole it from the
idea of installing ubuntu. Rather than enabling the root account, open a
shell, switch to root (sudo su), killall orca, and then launch orca.
This will start orca as root. you won't have speech just yet, so press
ctrl+shift+t and type sudo su again so you become root. if you know the
command or program name of a program that needs to run as root type it
and press enter and orca will begin speaking the application. for
example:

terminal tab one
sudo su
password: *******
orca
then orca launches

terminal tab two
sudo su
password: *********
gdmsetup
then gdm starts this is only example you could have launched something
else.

  when you want to go back to user just press the ctrl+pgup keys in the
terminal (additional fn for laptops) and press control c and that will
kill orca

rerun orca by pressing alt+f2 and typing orca and you're back to where
you started...

Cody