Re: Orca cross-post: braille not working with orca 2.17.4

Willie Walker writes:
Hi Don:

I'm going to guess this problem might be due to the fact that the build
of BrlTTY will not build the Python bindings for BrlAPI unless pyrex is
installed.  You can test to see if the Python bindings for BrlAPI are
installed by doing the following from inside the python shell (to enter
the python shell, just type "python" at a command line prompt):

python -c "import brlapi"

If this issues an error, then the Python bindings for BrlAPI were not
built or installed as part of the BrlTTY build and you probably need to
install pyrex on your machine.

Janina here ...

I would be interested to know whether you installed from rpms, if this
is the case. You should have a brlapi rpm in addition to orca and
brltty.

Hope this helps,

Will