Re: Orca ff 3 under debian unstable

Greetings,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Halim Sahin wrote:

Hi,

Can please some one help me to get ff 3 working under Debian?
A few days ago I got an answer that I need to update gtk stuff.
This did not work so here is the firefox output
if I start it at the gnome-terminal:

GTK Accessibility Module initialized
./run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 11709 Speicherzugriffsfehler  "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

Please
help.

This is one of life's challenges. First of all, it has been suggested that one should upgrade to Gnome 2.16. This is done from experimental. I tried that but without success. This might be due to the fact that I've only 2.2 GB free space on my hard disk at the moment. I'm working on that. Then I'll give it another go.

FF 3, or Minefield, as it calls itself, sort of works - at least for a while. Then I get a message saying: "I've detected a panel already running, and will now exit." It offers an OK to click. Even if I do that, it doesn't disappear.

It's also a bit difficult to start. When I start it from alt-f2 /usr/local/lib/firefox/./firefox my braille display hangs or, seems to hang. If I exit Orca and reload it, that's when it works as described above. I should mention that I've purged everything else to do with Firefox.

From what I've seen so far, Minefield works much better than Iceweasel
(version 2). I'm optimistic with regard to the long-term prognosis. My next step is to get Gnome 2.16 on my computer.

Regards,

Bertil Smark Nilsson