Re: Orca Thunderbird was: [Fwd: Announcing v2.17.92]

Willie Walker wrote:
Last weekend I tested the latest 3.0a1, and I found it hardly usable and
only partial accessible.

I would advise against using Thunderbird at this time and would recommend staying with Evolution for the near term. There are still a number of issues with accessing Thunderbird. These issues live in Thunderbird and Orca, and possibly in the AT-SPI infrastructure. Like Firefox, we keep working on it, though Thunderbird is slightly less of a priority for us than Firefox right now.

Windows and Mac versions show the actual date. Does the Mozilla team
continue developing the Linux version of Thunderbird, or do they advise
Linux users to stick to Evolution?

David Bolter from the University of Toronto is working hard on fixing Thunderbird accessibility problems on Linux. He's a good guy doing good work. I'm not sure why the Linux nightly builds are not up to date, though, and have BCC'd David to see what's up.

Thanks Will. I'm actually only able to work off-hours on tbird as I'm working on dojo accessibility now until the Fall. If I find out what is happening with the linux nightly builds I'll respond here.

cheers,
David