Re: Orca another espeak problem

Thanks will, it did work. However, I think ubuntu uses speak instead of espeak. I can't use different voices with orca. but it is a common problem so far I guess.
Regards,
Aruni.
Willie Walker wrote:
Aha. Looks like the permissions are wrong on the library and a regular user cannot read it. Try this command:

sudo chmod 755 /usr/lib/libespeak.so.1.1.19

Hope this helps,

Will

Aruni Sharma wrote:
hi will, the output is as follows:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 2007-02-02 12:55 /usr/lib/libespeak.so -> libespeak.so.1.1.19 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 2007-02-02 12:56 /usr/lib/libespeak.so.1 -> libespeak.so.1.1.19 -r-xr-x--- 1 root root 187537 2007-02-02 12:53 /usr/lib/libespeak.so.1.1.19

Regards,
Aruni.
Willie Walker wrote:
Just to help me, what's the output of the following command when you type it in a shell:

ls -l /usr/lib/libespeak*

Thanks!

Will

Aruni Sharma wrote:
Hi will, I get absolutely no error messages. I don't get any sort of messages which seems to me to be doing everything fine.
Regards,
Aruni.
Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Aruni:

Just to be sure, what does ls -l /usr/lib/libespeak* give you?

Will

Aruni Sharma wrote:
Hello listers, I have tried upgrading to the latest release 1.19 of ESpeak. although espeak is working I suspect my synth is not the latest one. I have followed instructions about copying and configuring libespeak.so libraries. I simply copy the latest speak file to /usr/bin and the espeak-data folder to /usr/share. I have copied the Espeak file also. However, If I try to run espeak from the terminal window, I get the following error: espeak: error while loading shared libraries: libespeak.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory. Please note that the shared libraries i.e libespeak.so.1.1.19, libespeak.so and libespeak.so.1 files aare there in /usr/lib and the speak_lib.h file is in /usr/include. the speak executible is working fine and so is the espeak synth. I choose gnome speech services as the driver andspeech-dispatcher gnomespeech driver as my synth. However, I don't get Espeak as an option. Thanks and regards,
Aruni.