Od: "Daniel Dalton" <d dalton iinet net au>
Do: "Przemysław Rogalski" <Rogalski o2 pl>
DW: "Orca Lista" <orca-list gnome org>
Wysłano: 28 grudnia 2007 04:10
Temat: Re: [orca-list] new user, new questions

Hi,

Well first don't worry about  having the latest version of brltty.
The one that comes with your installation is probably out of date and so
are the ones in the repo...

Second there isn't a brltty 9.5 or 8.4.
Once you have ubuntu installed then build brltty 3.9 from source.
I am using orca (the latest one from svn) here with brltty 3.9 and having
no problems.

For your other problem about orca not speaking.
You need to bring up the accessibility menu when it boots.
When it asks you to run or install at boot time (i think) hit f5 then
arrow to screenreader and hit enter.
You will probably need to press enter again...