Re: [orca-list] Personalizing punctuation level.

Fabrizio Marini wrote:
I use Orca 2.20.0.1 and set the punctuation level on "some".
I use speech-dispstcher as synthesis system.
My question is: is it possible, with this configuration,  to have the
underscore (_) symbol unspoken and the equals to (=) symbol spoken?
Is it an Orca or a speech-dispatcher problem?

Hello Fabrizio,

It should be possible to change your synthesizer's rules in a way you
suggest.  With Speech Dispatcher, punctuation handling is left to the
synthesizer,  so this is a problem of your synthesizer (unlike with
Gnome Speech, where punctuation is handled by Orca).  Which synthesizer
are you using?

Best regards

Tomas