Re: [orca-list] orca on ubuntu

On 23/12/2007, Don Raikes <don draikes com> wrote:
Hello,
I am running ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy), and want to install it onto my hard drive.
I am wanting to install ubuntu using orca.
I opened a terminal window, sudo su root and thenunloaded orca.

sudo su will just do.
I next tried orca --nosetup, but nothing happened. I know I need to have
orca running as root in order to perform the install process, so any
suggestions appreciated.
did you mean to say orca--no-setup?
and also it is good idea to give an & (shift and 7) to get back the terminal.
by the way you will at least need 512 mb ram for this to work smoothly.
lastly after you type orca--no-setup you press alt + tab and come back
to the terminal if you had appended & after the orca--no-setup
command.
else open another terminal and sudo su enter followed by ubiquity command.
this will start the installer and orca should speak.
regards,
Krishnakant.