[orca-list] Orca-Fire Vox Incompatibility Problem? Can't install Fire Vox using Orca

Hello all,

I'm trying without success to install Fire Vox (either Fire Vox or
CLiCK) using Orca instead of the Fire Vox Free TTS engine following
the directions at the Fire Vox Web site.

On my first try Firefox wouldn't restart the required third time (to
complete the Fire Vox installation, the instructions say to restart
Firefox three times, for each part of the three-part add-on). To
restart Firefox I had to delete all the Fire Vox files and then
restart my computer. Unfortunately, on subsequent attempts at
installing Fire Vox, from a clean start, Firefox won't even launch for
the first restart, after the Fire Vox files are installed in the
Extensions directory and in the Orca-scripts.

I'm using Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon, gnome, Festival and gnome-orca
v.2.20.0-Ubuntu1,  Firefox version 2.0.011 Ubufox, and the Java plugin
 Sun Java 6 Web Start.

I've been using Ubuntu and Festival for awhile, and have had no
trouble running Orca.  Firefox and the Java Plugin appear to be ok, as
well. I re-installed the Java Plugin, just in case, but that's made no
improvement.

If anybody has any experiences or suggestions about problems
installing Fire Vox using  Orca, I would be very grateful to hear
them.

Thanks so much,

(carie)

--
telga front-end web development

We help make content for the Web easy to find, easy to understand, and
easy to look at using Web Standards and best practices.