Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu and notification icons

Hi Garrett,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to access the actual notification
area, or to perform actions directly through the notification "bubbles".

You could read all about that in this bug report, I wrote quite a bit
about the whole deal in comment #45:

If you are notified of Ubuntu updates you need to manually run the
update manager manually (Alt+F2, "update-manager").