Re: [orca-list] Orca performance

Thanks Michael! We'll take a look at these specific problems. Having specific content to look at really helps a lot.

Will

Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I know that Will said that in orca 2.21.4 performance has been improved,
but there are still some parts which could do with some serious
improvement, and I feel until sorted it makes orca poor for general use
(in that area).

The example I am going to give here is related to firefox and web
browsing. There are some pages (some parts of some pages) where orca is
extremely slow. An example is at (http://www.traveline.org.uk), select
the "East midlands" area and then select plan a journey. Navigate that
page. At the section where you specify time and date of the journey,
orca becomes really slow. You may also have noticed another bug on that
page, for some reason Orca will not allow cursoring down beyond that
first text box amongst the main navigation links, and only pressing tab
will get you beyond it, and once beyond it you can continue to cursor
down.

Both of those problems have been in existence for some time. Other parts
of websites are slow, but I can't currently think of one in such detail,
and that one I have described is probably about one of the most serious
performance issues.

I previously noticed other slow parts in other applications, but I will
leave those for now as I haven't tested them since I upgraded.

From
Michael Whapples