Re: [orca-list] Bug tracking tools

And that link is a perfect example of why I dislike web interfaces. Orca
on my system takes close on a second when cursoring down in the list,
when you enter a link you need to wait for the page to load, and then if
you use alt-back to go to the previous page you again need to wait for
the page to load and I am not certain of the reliability of Orca ending
up where you were last on the page (particularly if you were slightly
impatient and press a cursor key before it has properly loaded). All
this is before I get to the pains of entering a bug through this type of
interface.

I personally feel this is not a sensible way to try and review bugs,
unless you have all the time in the world and infinite patience.

May be I have a dislike for web interfaces in general, but I feel it
would be useful (not just for me but others as well) to have a tool on
the system for this task (like the dictionary tool in accessories,
although I must admit I don't know if it is using data straight from the
internet).

Those problems I describe regarding the web interface, and the lack of
knowing about such a tool I am seeking, is a major contribution to why I
don't review current bugs and submit actual bug reports where
appropriate.

From
Michael Whapples